Thank you for participating in the Minecraft: Education Edition Back to School Beta program! The Beta is now closed and we have released our general update (version 1.12.5). We want to make sure you know what happens next.
How will I get the general release?
- iPad and Windows users will be automatically upgraded to the production release.
- MacOS users will need to install the production release manually. You can visit the MEE download page for more details.
Will I continue to get new beta versions when they are released?
- Windows Desktop users will get notified before future betas are released, and can choose to keep receiving betas, or remove themselves from participating.
- Windows Store and macOS users will need to manually install future beta releases.
- iPad users will continue to receive betas through TestFlight.
How do I stop receiving future beta releases?
- For Windows and MacOS, leaving the beta is as easy as uninstalling the beta app and installing the production version from the MEE download page. We recommend you export any worlds you would like to save before you uninstall, as uninstalling the game will remove these from your computer in some cases.
- If you’re on iOS, you can you leave the beta via TestFlight. Visit the TestFlight page and scroll down to the Opting Out section for more details.