In order to access the Hour of Code lesson, you will need to be running the latest version of Minecraft: Education Edition (1.12.5). This FAQ will walk you through the steps to update your current version.
How do I update my version of Minecraft: Education Edition?
- iPad and Windows users will be automatically upgraded when a new production release is available. This process may take up to 24 hours.
- MacOS users will need to install the production release manually once it's available. You can visit the MEE download page for more details.
What should I do if I want to manually update?
- Back up your worlds as they will be deleted when you uninstall your current version. Note that worlds are only deleted during a manual update, and not when you are auto-updated.
- Uninstall the version that you are currently running on your device
- Visit the Hour of Code Landing page to download and install the latest version
What URLs do I need to white-list?
Allow network access to the following sites for game and coding access:
- https://*.xboxlive.com (Library/Demo Lesson)
- https://*.playfabapi.com (Library/Demo Lesson)
- https://meeservices.azurewebsites.net/ (Login)
- https://contentstorage.onenote.office.net/ (Immersive Reader)
- https://learningtools.onenote.com/ (Immersive Reader)
- https://minecraft.makecode.com/ (MakeCode)
- https://makecode.com (MakeCode)
- https://trg-minecraft.userpxt.io (MakeCode)
- https://pxt.azureedge.net (MakeCode)
- https://api.github.com (MakeCode)
How do I know what version I'm running?
When you open Minecraft: Education Edition, the version number is displayed in the lower right hand edge of the home screen.
Where do I find information about the latest version of Minecraft: Education Edition?
Check out the What's New announcements for information about the latest release, including version number and new features.