Thank you for participating in the Minecraft: Education Edition Back to School Beta program! We will be closing the beta and releasing the update for all users the week of August 20th. Since you played a big part in making this a successful update, we want to make sure you know what happens next!
We want your feedback!
Your feedback is critical for us to improve our product and our programs and to ensure we're delivering what's most important to our users. Please take a moment to participate in our beta feedback forum, and describe your experience in a short write-up for our community.
How can I access the Back to School Update?
- iPad and Windows users will be automatically upgraded when the release is available for general availability.
- MacOS users will need to install the update manually once it's available. You can visit our download page for more details.
Will I continue to get new beta versions when they are released?
- Windows Desktop users will get notified before future betas are released and can choose to keep receiving betas or remove themselves from participating in the beta program.
- Windows Store and macOS users will need to manually install future beta releases.
- iPad users will continue to receive betas through TestFlight.
How do I leave the beta program?
- For Windows and macOS users, uninstall the beta app and download the generally available version from the download page. We recommend you export any worlds you would like to save before you uninstall, as uninstalling the game will remove these from your device in some cases.
- If you’re an iOS user, you can leave the beta via TestFlight by visiting the TestFlight page and scrolling down to the Opting Out section for details.