Minecraft: Education Edition apps (Minecraft: Education Edition, Classroom Mode and Code Connection) can be installed on an supported platform with system management software or manually.
This article is Part 4 of a multi-part guide: Get Started with Minecraft: Education Edition (all Platforms)
- Trying Minecraft: Education for Free
- Purchasing Licenses for Minecraft: Education Edition
- Managing Licenses for Minecraft Education Edition
- Deploying Minecraft: Education Edition Apps <-YOU ARE HERE
- Training Teachers in Minecraft: Education Edition
This article contains the following topics:
- Prerequisites for Deploying Apps
- Deploying Apps Manually
- Deploying Apps Using System Management Software
- Help with Deploying Apps
Prerequisites for Deploying Apps
Before deploying the apps, the following requirements must be met:
- Check that your OS and devices are compatible. To learn more, visit Supported Platforms for Minecraft: Education Edition.
- Ensure users have the correct permissions based on the set-up and deployment method being used at your school.
- For Windows 10, all apps must be up-to-date as Minecraft: Education Edition will not install if there are updates pending for other apps on the PC. Before installing M:EE, check to see if there are pending updates for Microsoft Store apps. For more information, see Check updates for apps and games from Microsoft Store
Deploying Apps Manually
Minecraft: Education Edition apps can be downloaded and installed manually from our website download page (as well as the Microsoft Store for Education, for Windows 10 installation). If necessary, installation files can be downloaded to a network location or a USB drive for later installation.
For more information, see Installing Minecraft: Education Edition.
Deploying Apps Using System Management Software
To deploy Minecraft: Education Edition across a large scale environment, you may use your school’s preferred system management software or manually deploy the software. For specific guidance on several of the most common system management software choices, see below:
- Intune for Education
To deploy Minecraft with Intune, please see the following guidance:
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
For more information, go to Manage apps from the Microsoft Store for Business with System Center Configuration Manager or check out Microsoft's complete System Center Configuration Manager Documentation
- Set Up School PC
To deploy Minecraft with SUSPC, please see the following guidance: Use the Set up School PCs app. To see a Minecraft deployment with SUSPC in action, check out Microsoft Education: Use the Set up School PCs App.
- macOS Deployment
For information on deploying Minecraft on macOS, go to macOS Deployment Reference.
- iOS Deployment
With Apple School Manager, you can get the Minecraft for iOS app in bulk for your school and then use your preferred Mobile Device Management system to deploy the app to your organization’s devices. For more information on how to add and deploy apps for iOS go to iOS Deployment Reference