Educator training is pivotal to successfully using Minecraft: Education Edition, and we have a wealth of options available ranging from in-person and train-the-trainer models to self-directed online courses and lesson libraries.
This article is Part 5 of a multi-part guide: Get started with Minecraft: Education Edition (all platforms)
- Try Minecraft: Education Edition for free
- Purchasing licenses for Minecraft: Education Edition
- Managing licenses for Minecraft Education Edition
- Deploying Minecraft: Education Edition apps
- Training educators in Minecraft: Education Edition <-YOU ARE HERE
This article contains the following topics:
- In-person educator training
- Self-directed educator training
- Other online resources for training educators
In-person educator training
There are dozens of companies around the globe who are Minecraft Certified Training Partners and are qualified to deliver in-person training to groups of educators.
You can find companies in the Global Training Partner Program (GTPP) by visiting the Microsoft Education training site and filtering by product. This will display a list of matching companies, along with their contact information.
Self-directed educator training
We have a library of training resources for educators available on our website at Training Resources.
Here are the two most popular resources for learning Minecraft: Education Edition from start-to-finish:
- Minecraft Teacher Academy By using Minecraft as a platform for learning, educators like you can motivate and inspire every student to achieve more, and ignite a passion for learning. Join a community of educators learning how to use Minecraft to unlock student potential. We are dedicated to supporting you as you begin this journey and in the coming sections, we hope to show you the potential of this platform in capable hands like yours.
- Minewhat? Where do I begin? is a video series from an educator, for educators, on how to use Minecraft Education in the classroom effectively and practically (even if they have never played Minecraft).
Other online resources for training educators
There numerous resources available for helping educators and students learn about the world of Minecraft and Minecraft: Education Edition. Here are a few great places to explore:
- Minecraft Lessons is a catalog of lesson plans (and worlds to download) from the Minecraft Education team, Minecraft Mentors, and the educator community designed to be used with Minecraft Education in the classroom. This list can be filtered by age and by subject.
- Minecraft Mentors is a directory of Minecraft experts waiting to connect with you! These are folks who are committed to helping others learn how to use Minecraft in the classroom.
- Minecraft Community is a great place to search for and ask questions about teaching or technical issues, as well as submit feature requests for Minecraft: Education Edition.
- Minecraft Education Blog is a great destination for weekly activities, stories, and examples of using Minecraft in new and innovative ways.
- Classroom Management Tips from Minecraft Mentors Is a great post my some of our Minecraft mentors on best practices for getting M:EE into the classroom effectively