Teacher training is pivotal to successfully using Minecraft: Education Edition, and we have a wealth of options available ranging from in-person and train-the-trainer models to self-directed online courses and lesson libraries.
This article is Part 5 of a multi-part guide: Get Started with Minecraft: Education Edition (all Platforms)
- Trying Minecraft: Education for Free
- Purchasing Licenses for Minecraft: Education Edition
- Managing Licenses for Minecraft Education Edition
- Deploying Minecraft: Education Edition Apps
- Training Teachers in Minecraft: Education Edition <-YOU ARE HERE
This article contains the following topics:
- In-Person Teacher Training
- Self-Directed Teacher Training
- Other Online Resources for Training Teachers
In-Person Teacher Training
There are dozens of companies around the globe who are Minecraft Certified Training Partners and are qualified to deliver in-person training to groups of teachers.
You can find companies in the Global Training Partner Program (GTPP) by visiting the Microsoft Education training site and filtering by product. This will display a list of matching companies, along with their contact information.
Self-Directed Teacher Training
We have a library of training resources for teachers available on our website at Training Resources.
Here are the three most popular resources for learning Minecraft: Education Edition from start-to-finish:
- My Minecraft Journey is the place to start for educators. My Minecraft Journey is a 10-lesson, self-directed course in Minecraft and Minecraft Education designed to get you up-and-running on all things Minecraft.
- Minewhat? Where do I begin? is a video series from an educator, for educators, on how to use Minecraft Education in the classroom effectively and practically (even if they have never played Minecraft).
- Minecraft: The Building Blocks is an online course for Minecraft: Education Edition that is asynchronous and consists of four lessons (the Basics, Lesson Exploration, Time to Teach, and Minecraft in your Curriculum) that can be consumed in any order.
Other Online Resources for Training Teachers
There numerous resources available for helping teachers and students learn about the world of Minecraft and Minecraft: Education Edition. Here are a few great places to explore:
- Minecraft Lessons is a catalog of lesson plans (and worlds to download) from the Minecraft Education team, Minecraft Mentors, and the teacher community designed to be used with Minecraft Education in the classroom. This list can be filtered by age and by subject.�
- Minecraft Mentors is a directory of Minecraft experts waiting to connect with you! These are folks who are committed to helping others learn how to use Minecraft in the classroom.
- Minecraft Community is a great place to search for and ask questions about teaching or technical issues, as well as submit feature requests for Minecraft: Education Edition.
- Minecraft Education Blog is a great destination for weekly activities, stories, and examples of using Minecraft in new and innovative ways.