The Minecraft: Education Edition team is planning to roll-out an improved customer listening program for gathering product feedback from our customers. As part of that program, we'd like to invite Minecraft Mentors and active community members to help us pilot a new product feedback community forum for tracking ideas.
About the Feedback Forum
The new product feedback forum is built to capture ideas, allow others to vote on ideas and facilitate conversation and feedback with the M:EE product team. In its current form it's "out-of-the-box" so it's not been optimized (or properly branded). Additionally, it's part of a new knowledge center and support destination that will be integrated with http://education.minecraft.net, but is currently set-up as a stand-alone site. You can expect some dust as we build it out!
Goals of pilot
- Launch a more formal and transparent process to gather ideas and communicate with our community
- Seed our product feedback forum with great ideas ahead of launch to all customers
- See how the product team can in-turn provide feedback to customers on what we're working on
Schedule for pilot
- The pilot will run from June 14 - Jul 16th, during which time we will continue to invite more users to login and provide feedback
- On Jul 19th, we will look to open up feedback broadly and transition all customers to the new community forums
What we'll do with your feedback
Use it! The goal is for this to become the main repository of customer feedback and a primary driver of our product roadmap moving forward.
How to participate: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to http://aka.ms/meefeedback
- Click "Sign-in" in the upper-right
- Select "Microsoft account" on the left-hand site of the login screen
- Login with your Office 365 account for your school
(Minecraft Mentors can use their @minecrafteducationedition.com account or their school account)
- Browse the list of ideas and try the following:
- View ideas and post your own ideas for M:EE
- Vote on existing ideas and add your feedback/suggestions as comments
- Any questions? Post them in the Support channel in Teams.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What will you do with my feedback?
Use it! Each week we'll publish a report out of the feedback we're receiving to the mentors and most importantly to our team as key inputs to our planning process. The goal is for this to become the main repository of customer feedback moving forward and a primary driver of our product roadmap.
- There is other stuff on this site, what's that about?
Over the course of the next month, we'll be updating the this feedback experience as part of a larger effort to re-vamp our overall community, knowledge base and support presence on the web. So the user interface and look-and-feel will evolve rapidly as we go.
- It feels like this is an out-of-the-box forum and not really optimized for product feedback…what gives?
We are in the process of making it easier to use specifically for feature voting, with things like searching for an existing idea to vote on before submitting a new idea, making the voting button more prominent, removing the "down vote", and general usability improvements - if you want to see what this be similar to, see http://feedback.minecraft.net.
- Is there a way to sort ideas by different topics?
Initially we have elected to not have multiple topics for different ideas. If this becomes unwieldy, we can implement separate forum topics.
- What about the existing feature request forum on mee.net, will that content be here too?
Yes, we are planning to migrate existing forums content over to the new system prior to rolling out more broadly.
- Can I share this with other people? How do they get access?
The feedback site is now available to all customers but we don't plan to integrate this functionality fully with education.minecraft.net until mid-July. We aren't advertising the availability of this site but there is no restriction on any one accessing and using it. Even the Submit a Request form will work!