While we hope that no bugs slip through into the products we ship, we are a team of humans and inevitably we won’t be able to catch all issues. Here is a list of what we know is out there:
Current Issues (last updated 6/12/2018)
Windows on version 1.4, MacOS on 1.4.1 are the same
- Versions Impacted: Windows 10 and MacOS
- Workaround: There is no workaround the versions are the same, just different numbers
- Status: We are investigating options at this time
Fixed inventory in tutorial world, not in actual game
- Versions impacted: 1.4.0, Windows 10 MacOS
- Workaround: There is no workaround at this time
- Status: This is a known issue and we will fix in the next release
Users on Windows 10N may experience crashing
- Version Impacted: All versions, Windows 10N
- Workaround: Run Windows Media prior to opening the game
- Status: This is a known issue and we are actively working to implement a solution
* No outstanding issues at this time*
Teachers can only open one instance of Classroom Mode on macOS
- Version Impacted: All versions, macOS only.
- Workaround: After your first instance of CM is opened, go to Applications > Utilities > Terminal In that window, type: open -n -a “Classroom Mode for Minecraft”.
- Status: This issue is set to be fixed in the next release.
- What’s New in Minecraft: Education Edition
- Download Minecraft Education Edition and companion apps
- Installing Minecraft: Education Edition
- Basic Troubleshooting
Updated May 31, 2018