At this time, Minecraft: Education Edition is supported on the newest operating systems for PC, iPad and Mac. On PC, Minecraft is supported for Windows 10 version 1607 and up. On macOS Minecraft is supported for Sierra and High Sierra systems. On iOS Minecraft is supported on iOS 9 or higher. This article will cover the following:
- Technical Requirements
- How to upgrade your system
- Next steps
If your device meets the minimum hardware specs for Windows 10, macOS or iOS, it will run Minecraft: Education Edition. If you have a suggestion for a different platform support based on your school environment, please get in touch with us.
Here links to additional information for each operating system we support: Windows 10, macOS or iOS
Upgrading your system
To upgrade your device to Windows 10, it must already be running Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1.
Windows 10 can be purchased as a digital download or a boxed product from the online Microsoft Store, with special savings for students, parents, and faculty. To upgrade to Windows 10, you can click here for information.
For resources to update your macOS please use this link. For more information on the latest version of iOS and how to update please go here.
|Technical Requirements||Hardware Requirements|
|Windows||Windows 10 and Windows 10S version 1607 and higher||
• CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent
• RAM: 2GB
• GPU (Integrated): Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge) or AMD Radeon R5 series (Kaveri line) with OpenGL 4.4*
• GPU (Discrete): Nvidia GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4
• HDD: At least 1GB for game core, maps and other files
|OS X 10.9 Maverick and up|
|iOS 9 or higher||
- Check your eligibility (guidelines | countries)
- Confirm it is available in the languages you prefer
- Set up your Office 365 for Education accounts
- Install Minecraft: Education Edition
- Learning to Play Minecraft: Education Edition