We recommend frequent backups of your worlds. The best way to accomplish this is through export and import. This article will cover:
This is important to do not just periodically, but before you install or update your client.
Backing up your levels can help teachers measure daily progress, provide a way to “restore” a world damaged by error or mischief, or allow students to work on projects outside the classroom setting.
*Insert import/export vide from Neal*
- From the Minecraft start screen, click “PLAY”
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the world
- At the bottom of the menu, click “Export World”
- Save the world to your location of choice. The exported .mcworld file can be placed anywhere (network drive, USB, etc.) to provide maximum flexibility.
- From the Minecraft start screen, click “PLAY"
- Click the left arrow icon to the right of “Create New”
- Find the .mcworld file and select it to import.
If you have any issues, or cannot locate your worlds via this method, please contact support or post a thread in the “Technical Support” area of the forums.
Updated June 21, 2018