It is our hope you will never need this page, but in case you do, we are here to help. Below are some helpful troubleshooting tips.
If you are having issues logging in please ensure:
- Your network is not blocking launch of the app
- You are on a supported device
- You only have one version of Minecraft: Education Edition installed
If you are able to connect to a multiplayer game but start to see decreased performance as more players join your game you can try:
- Looking at your network speed and ensuring the amount of players is not overloading your network
- Turning down the render speed to 4 chunks and turning off fancy graphics on the host world
If you cannot connect, ensure that:
- Users are on the same tenant
- Port 19132 is open on all networks
- The world is in "host" mode
Finding your IP in Minecraft: Education Edition
Once you are in the world, selecting escape will bring up the Game Menu. On the top right of the screen, the IP address can be seen. This is useful when you are trying to connect in multiplayer games.
The following websites/ports need to be open on your network in order to use the specified application
- Port 19132 (this carries Minecraft multiplayer traffic)
- Port 1309 (this carries Classroom Mode traffic)
- Port 19131 (this carries Code Builder traffic)
- https://meeservices.azurewebsites.net/ (login)
- Minecraft.AdalServer.exe (login)
- http://minecraft.makecode.com/ (makecode)
Location of world files
Where “USERNAME” is below, that’s the user account on the machine, so whatever someone uses to log into the machine, not into Minecraft: Education Edition.
PC: Look in C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftEducationEditionBeta_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang\minecraftWorlds
MacOS: Look in HD > Users > <user name> > Library > Application support > Minecraftpe > Games > com.mojang
Worlds are stored with an extension of .mcworld, so if you are not entirely sure you can also search the files on the machine using that extension. Note, some of these folders may be hidden!
Other Support Links
Minecraft: Education Edition support currently operates on a Monday through Friday schedule (Pacific time), and is most responsive during standard business hours. You may expect reasonable slowdowns or delays in reply times during heavy volume seasons (early fall/the beginning of school/during and immediately after traditional school “vacations”) and during US-based holidays through the year.
We only provide gameplay and basic installation support for Minecraft: Education Edition. For questions or feedback about other versions of Minecraft, and your account with Minecraft or Mojang, please use the Mojang help site. You can reach Mojang support at this link.
The Microsoft Store for Education has a set of support materials and agents for both commerce and technical support directly related to licensing, purchase, renewals, obtaining purchase orders or other forms, tax exempt questions, administrative changes to your account, and any error message in the Store while making a purchase or assigning licenses.
For general Minecraft gameplay help, please consult the official wiki.
If you have issues with or would like help obtaining or setting up your Office 365 Education accounts, you can email that team directly for help. They can assist with things like: changing your software (not website) password, and approving your domain as “education related” to obtain the accounts needed for Minecraft: Education Edition.
Please contact support anytime if these suggestions do not help fix your issue, or even if you just need more information about the above. It will help us if you also share:
- Information about what you have already tried. Screenshots of error messages are the best! Please also include a description of any images in addition to anything you are sending in case the files are too big and do not come through.
- Crash logs if applicable.
- Constructive suggestions you have to improve our basic troubleshooting page! Was something unclear or needed more information?
The more we know, the faster we can skip the basic troubleshooting and get in depth with your issue. You can also add a thread in our Technical Support forum to suggest additional scenarios you believe would help others or get more help!